Sometimes entire families are struggling. Often this is related to the reaction of family members to the choices of one or two individuals within the family and help is needed from a third party to teach the family how to handle those challenges better. At other times changing circumstances or evolving life roles can affect families dramatically, such as in the case of blended families or a death in the family.
Family counseling requires considerable expertise to observe the complex dynamics that exist and to assist the family in untangling some of the patterns contributing to their challenges. Steven Eastmond and associates have specific training in dealing with family issues and providing family counseling.
Common examples of family-related issues include:
- Blended families
- Single-parent family issues
- Children coping with divorce
- Death of a parent, spouse, or sibling
- Adjustment issues (e.g., loss of employment, moving, etc.)
- Helping elderly parents find resources for care and safety
- Family strife
- Adolescent/family conflict
- Drug/alcohol issues within a family